How to Charcoal Grill Corn
If corn is one of your favorite food, t ry cooking it on a chargrill. It will provide it with this wonderful, hard- to- resist smoky flavor. Just follow these easy tips and make sure not to don’t walk away from the grill for too long!
- Get the coals started and heat up until gray or medium hot. Lightly grease the chargrill with oil to prevent the corn sticking.
- To prepare the corn, pull off the husk all the way back to the stem without removing them remove all the silk to expose the corn kernels .Run the cob under water to remove any stray silk.
- Arrange the cobs in a single layer on the grill, with some space between them for even cooking. Season with salt and pepper and cover each ear with oil using a pastry brush. Cover with the husk and tie with a kitchen string to keep closed.
- Cook on the hot grill for about 15-20 minutes until the kernels are tender. Using kitchen tongs turn the cobs occasionally to avoid burning and ensure even cooking.
- Once the corn is tender and lightly charred, remove from the grill transfer to a serving platter. Serve with some extra butter, salt and pepper for additional seasoning.
If you want to remove the kernels to use them in salads, corn salsa or as a side dish, place the cob on a chopping board. Holding it at a 45-degree angle, run a large sharp knife down the length of the cob, close to the core.